Discussieruimte voor wiskundeleerkrachten
EL PASO, Texas -- Danny Manning is taking Tulsa back to the

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Wiskundeportaal Voor Leerkrachten // Wiskundeportaal voor leerkrachten
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 04-07-2019 02:48:26    Onderwerp: EL PASO, Texas -- Danny Manning is taking Tulsa back to the Reageren met citaat
EL PASO, Texas -- Danny Manning is taking Tulsa back to the NCAA tournament. Thurman Munson Jersey . James Woodard scored 27 points to lead the Golden Hurricane to its first NCAA berth since 2003 with a 69-60 victory Saturday against Louisiana Tech in the Conference USA tournament final. "Its an indescribable feeling," said Woodard, who is from Tulsa. "Growing up as a kid, you cant wait for March Madness. To be a part of that, this time around, and for us being so young as a team, its definitely a dream come true." Woodard, who scored 18 points in the second half, made 7 of 8 free throws down the stretch to help Tulsa hold off the Bulldogs. Tulsa (21-12), which was the No. 2 seed, will carry an 11-game win streak into the tournament. Top-seeded Louisiana Tech came up short, extending an NCAA tournament drought dating to 1991. The Bulldogs (27-7) were led by Kenneth Smith with 16 points and Kenyon McNeail with 15. Alex Hamilton finished with 12. The Bulldogs led 35-34 at the half in a game with 16 lead changes. Neither team led by more than five points until Tulsa took control in the final 5 minutes, pushing the advantage to 10 points on a free throw by Woodard with 1:12 left. "This was a lot of fun," said Tulsa second-year head coach Danny Manning, who won an NCAA title playing for Kansas in 1988. "It was a hard-fought game. Louisiana Tech is a talented team. We have three other teams in our league deserving of a bid." Louisiana Tech, which made 7 of 10 3-pointers in the first half and shot 45 per cent from the field, cooled off in the second half. The Bulldogs, limited by a stingy Tulsa defence, shot 32 per cent for the game. They went just 4 of 15 from 3-point range in the second half and 15 of 23 from the free-throw line. "Right now, I feel bad for the four seniors," Techs Alex Hamilton said. "I just wish there was more could do. We came out on the short end. I feel bad for the guys." Meanwhile, Tulsa shot 72 per cent from the line (18 of 25), 55 per cent from 3-point range (5 of 9) and 43 per cent from the field. Don Mattingly Shirt . His team rose to the occasion Sunday with a 3-1 victory over Sweden in the bronze-medal game. "The sting from yesterday is not something we hid from or pretend didnt happen," Dineen said. Dj Lemahieu Jersey Yankees . After a first half in which he thought "the lid was on the basket," the Toronto Raptors coach watched his squad mount a second half surge to defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers 98-91. http://www.yankeesshoponline.com/ .com) - The Pittsburgh Penguins will try to complete a sweep of the Washington Capitals when the clubs cap a quick home-and-home series Tuesday night in the Steel City.INDIANAPOLIS -- The Colts started and finished Tuesdays free agent binge by re-signing their own key players. In between, they added defensive lineman Arthur Jones -- and it may be just the start. On a busy first day of free agency for the big-spending Colts, the emphasis was clear: They need to get better on defence. "He is a rare talent at 25 years of age who is still ascending as a player," general manager Ryan Grigson said in a statement announcing the deal with Davis. "We are excited to see him reach new heights in his career and help us attain our ultimate goal." For the Colts, the splashy grand entrance into free agency is becoming an annual affair. Last year, Indianapolis signed five high-priced unrestricted free agents on Day 1. On Tuesday, they focused on keeping their own players, agreeing to a two-year deal with longtime kicker Adam Vinatieri in the morning and a four-year deal with Davis in the afternoon before re-signing running back Ahmad Bradshaw. But Indy couldnt even wait that long to get started. Last Thursday, the Colts signed former Browns linebacker DQwell Jackson to a four-year deal. The next day, they re-signed punter Pat McAfee to a new five-year deal. On Monday, the Colts announced they had re-signed two more of their own free agents, defensive end Fili Moala and linebacker Justin Hickman. Then came word of Vinatieris deal, which virtually assures the best clutch kicker in league history will remain the oldest player in the league in 2014 and 2015 and could make him a Colt for life. The 41-year-old Vinatieri said other teams were interested though the Colts were his first choice. "For me, as long as my bodys feeling healthy and I can continue to kick at a high level, I dont see why I cant continue to play on. I know Morten (Andersen) played until he was 47. I think Gary (Anderson) played until he was 46. I know Im 41 but in that sense, theres a handful of years left, not just two." Davis felt much the same way. After Miami traded Davis to Indy just before the 2012 season opener, the former first-round pick emerged as the Colts top cover cornerback. Most outsiders figured that with the price of cornerbacks rising considerably after Sam Shields signed a big deal with Green Bay and Brent Grrimes signed a big deal with Miami, Davis was as good as gone if he didnt re-sign before the free agent market opened Tuesday afternoon. thurman munson shirt. Not so. "My agent informed me that the Colts came in and we had an offer that we accepted," Davis said. "In reality, I didnt want to leave the Colts. I listened to other teams, but I wanted to get back (to Indy), so we made it work." Financial terms of the four deals were not immediately available. Indy also signed Jones, a 6-foot-3, 315-pound defensive end, who played his first two seasons in Baltimore when Colts coach Chuck Pagano was an assistant with the Ravens. Last season, Jones started a career high 13 games, finished with a career best 53 tackles and had four sacks. Hes big enough to play inside or outside in the Colts 3-4 front, but the Colts wanted Jones for more than just versatility. "He is an outstanding producer down after down versus the run and pass," Grigson said. "Hes a guy who plays at a championship level week after week and lays it on the line every time he steps out on the field. He is a great fit for our team." Jones is expected to undergo a team physical Wednesday. Bradshaw was off to a promising start last season after recovering from a foot injury, which led to his departure from the Giants. He rushed for 186 yards and two scores before injuring his neck in Week 3 against San Francisco in September. Bradshaw never returned from that injury and finished the season on injured reserve. Whats next for a team that started the day roughly $36 million under the $133 million salary cap is anybodys guess. The Colts are still looking to solidify their offensive line, especially after releasing starting centre Samson Satele late last week to save about $4 million. They could still use another pass rusher to help NFL sacks champion Robert Mathis; are likely still seeking a receiver to help Andrew Luck; and might now need a safety after losing two-time Pro Bowler Antoine Bethea to San Francisco. But what Indianapolis does have is stability. "If there wasnt a business side in football, I would still choose to go back to the Colts," Davis said. "When you go to the Colts, man, its something you hold with you for the rest of your life." Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Wiskundeportaal Voor Leerkrachten // Wiskundeportaal voor leerkrachten Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: