Discussieruimte voor wiskundeleerkrachten
SAN DIEGO -- The major leagues worst offence appears to have

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Wiskundeportaal Voor Leerkrachten // Wiskundeportaal voor leerkrachten
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 20-06-2019 02:19:20    Onderwerp: SAN DIEGO -- The major leagues worst offence appears to have Reageren met citaat
SAN DIEGO -- The major leagues worst offence appears to have woken up. Jarome Iginla Jersey . Chase Headley returned to the lineup with a three-run homer and Seth Smith drove in four runs as the San Diego Padres resurgence at the plate continued with a 9-3 win over the Miami Marlins on Saturday night. Headley, who came off the 15-day disabled list before the game, connected on a 2-2 fastball from Carlos Marmol (0-3) to cap a four-run sixth inning and give the Padres a 6-2 lead. "Its huge to have a couple of wins where youre not stressed about it," Smith said. "You get some runs early, the pitchers are doing well. Just mentally you can kind of cruise to the end. Its huge for your psyche, just for your mental state." San Diego, which came in averaging a major league-low 2.8 runs per game, was coming off a 10-1 win over Miami on Friday, its highest scoring output since Sept. 25. Smith hit a solo homer, a two-run double and an RBI triple for the Padres, who matched Friday nights total of 13 hits. Another thing that was good for the Padres mental state was the return of Headley, back after recovering from a strained right calf. "Its awesome," Headley said. "It really felt like I was swinging at the pitches that I wanted to early in the game. I put together a bunch of good at-bats to lead up to it (homer). It felt great." The 19 combined runs were the most San Diego scored in consecutive games since Sept. 5-6, 2012. "Those two guys hitting right there in the middle of the lineup was production at its finest," Padres manager Bud Black said. Smith has been one of the few Padres who has consistently hit this season. Since May 3, the lefty is batting .577 (15 for 26) with six doubles, three triples, a home run and six RBIs. "Guys are starting to settle down a little bit and have some good at-bats," Headley said. "When you do that as a club, it puts pressure on the pitcher." With the score tied at 2, Marmol relieved Nathan Eovaldi in the sixth and got two quick outs. But Everth Cabrera reached on an infield bunt, stole second and went to third on catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchias throwing error. Marmol intentionally walked Smith, who had an RBI triple in the first and hit a solo homer in the third. Jedd Gyorko followed with an RBI single. Headley was hitless in two at-bats with a walk when he pulled Marmols 93 mph fastball down the right field line. The ball went just inside the foul pole for his third homer. "I feel like my swing is in a better place than where it was when I went on the DL," Headley said. "Thats Chase," Smith said. "Hes going to do things for us, as long as he is healthy and in the lineup. It definitely makes our lineup deeper." Marlins manager Mike Redmond said the club was going to designate Marmol for assignment. "Its been a struggle for him," Redmond said. "Weve tried to keep getting him in there in different situations and it just hasnt worked." Marmol has an 8.10 ERA, having allowed 12 runs on 16 hits over 13 1-3 innings. "I didnt work out," Marmol said. "You got to get people out here. Its tough. Theres not much to say. I tried my best on the mound and it didnt work out." Casey McGehee hit a two-run homer in the first inning for the Marlins, whose road record dropped to 3-12, worst in the majors. Eric Stults (2-3) allowed two runs on six hits over six innings. The switch-hitting Headley came into the game batting just .186 with two home runs and seven RBIs in 70 at-bats. He was one of four San Diego regulars hitting below .200. NOTES: The Padres have scored just 10 runs while Stults was in the game in his eight starts. . The Marlins came into the game with an 8-2 record against left-handed starters, tops in the majors. . Padres RHP Hector Ambriz, designated for assignment on Thursday, cleared waivers and was outrighted to Triple-A El Paso on Saturday. . Marlins RHP Henderson Alvarez (2-2, 2.62 ERA) faces Padres LHP Robbie Erlin (1-4, 4.95) in Sundays finale. Doug Gilmour Jersey . The league announced Thursday that Tom Higgins is leaving that post effective immediately. Matt Bartkowski Jersey . Funny, they looked like longtime friends during Pittsburghs 5-1 demolition of Dallas on Tuesday night. Quick to the puck and even quicker to the net, the Penguins top line overwhelmed the suddenly struggling Stars as Pittsburgh bounced back from a dismal weekend sweep at the hands of Philadelphia by jumping on Dallas early. http://www.cheapflamesjerseyschina.com/ . -- Tiago Splitter tipped in a rebound with 2.LONDON -- Eugenie Bouchards historic run at Wimbledon is over, but she thinks shes just getting started. Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic beat Bouchard 6-3, 6-0 on Saturday in the womens final to claim her second Wimbledon title, ending an impressive run by the 20-year-old Canadian at the All England Club. No Canadian had ever reached a Grand Slam singles final in the Open era before Bouchard. "It was a big moment walking out on to centre court for a final. I have that experience now, I know what it feels like," said Bouchard. "I hope I can walk out to many more finals. Thats the goal. "Im going to go back, work on my game, try to get better. You always need to get better." Bouchard, from Westmount, Que., is currently ranked 13th in the world, seven positions below Kvitova. She will rise to seventh when the WTA standings are updated after Wimbledon. She beat Germanys Angelique Kerber 6-3, 6-4 in the quarter-final before topping Romanias Simona Halep 7-6 (5), 6-2 in the semis. The success at Wimbledon comes after a breakthrough season last year. Bouchard reached the semifinals at the Australian Open and French Open earlier this season. "I think its a tough road to try and become as good as I want to be, no matter what," said Bouchard. "Im not going to win every single time. I think this was a good experience for me -- my first Slam final -- so Im going to learn a lot from this match and hopefully use it to get much better." Bouchard was overwhelmed by Kvitova, who added a second to her first from 2011. Watching from the Royal Box was Britains Princess Eugenie, the royal for whom the Canadian was named. "Tough loss today at Wimbledon, but youre an inspiration (at)geniebouchard & Canada couldnt be more proud of you," said Prime Minister Stephen Harper in a tweet. Kvitova, her right thigh heavily wrapped as it was through the two-week tournament, quickly took charge of the match. She handcuffed Bouchards attacking game with a strong offence of her own, putting the Canadian under pressure on every service game with break point. "I have to give full credit to my opponent, she played unbelievable," said Bouchard. "I know I wont win every match but I want to be as good as I can be. This was a good experience and something I will learn from. I can hopefully use it to get better." Bouchard was broken in the third and seventh games to fall to a 5-2 deficit. She showed her own form by breaking back for 3-5 affter Kvitova netted after chasing Bouchards cross-court shot. Sam Bennett Jersey. . Despite Bouchards resistance, Kvitova wrapped up the first set in less than 30 minutes on a third set point. Kvitova picked up where she left off to start the second set with a break of Bouchard for 2-0. With the experienced Czech keeping up a lethally rapid pace, there was little time for Bouchard to react. Bouchard missed on a return at her feet to trail 4-0 as Kvitova took a stranglehold on the match. The Czech dished out a love game for 5-0 and finished off the title performance on her first match point with a deeply angled backhand cross-court winner after 55 minutes on court. It has been a strong tournament for other Canadians as well. Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil and American Jack Sock beat Bob and Mike Bryan of the United States in a thrilling 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-4, 3-6, 7-5 victory to win the mens doubles final Saturday. Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., made it to the mens singles semifinal before losing to seven-time champion Roger Federer of Switzerland in straight sets. The last Canadian to reach a mens final four at a major was Robert Powell at Wimbledon in 1908, according to Tennis Canada. Montreal native Greg Rusedski reached the U.S. Open final in 1997 but he was representing Great Britain at that time. Defending mixed doubles champions Daniel Nestor of Toronto and French partner Kristina Mladenovic will play a semifinal match against Max Mirnyi of Belarus and Hao-Ching Chan of Taiwan. Bouchard has done well at the All England Club in the past. She won the Wimbledon girls title in 2012, becoming the first Canadian to win a junior Grand Slam in singles. "I love coming back to Wimbledon, so thank you, guys," said Bouchard at centre court immediately after the match to a loud round of applause from the fans in attendance Saturday. Last year at Wimbledon, Bouchard won her second-round match against former world No. 1 Ana Ivanovic in straight sets before she was eliminated in the third round by Carla Suarez Navarro. Kvitova defeated Bouchard in straight sets in their lone previous meeting last year at the Rogers Cup in Toronto. Bouchard said she will return to Montreal to decompress after the Wimbledon final. "Ill take some time off -- much deserved, Ive been playing a lot of tennis at a high level recently," said Bouchard. "Ill take time for the mind and body and then hit the practice court again and get excited for the second half of the season." Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Wiskundeportaal Voor Leerkrachten // Wiskundeportaal voor leerkrachten Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: