Discussieruimte voor wiskundeleerkrachten
BEREA, Ohio -- Johnny Manziel waved both arms as if he was q

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Wiskundeportaal Voor Leerkrachten // Wiskundeportaal voor leerkrachten
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 04-07-2019 03:05:11    Onderwerp: BEREA, Ohio -- Johnny Manziel waved both arms as if he was q Reageren met citaat
BEREA, Ohio -- Johnny Manziel waved both arms as if he was quieting the home crowd before a big play. Jaire Alexander Youth Jersey . Really, he just wants to fade into the background a bit. Good luck with that. Beaten out by Brian Hoyer to be Clevelands starter, the Browns rookie quarterback said Wednesday that hes disappointed he wont be on the field against Pittsburgh in the season opener on Sept. 7. Manziel knows he didnt do enough during training camp and the preseason to convince coach Mike Pettine to choose him over Hoyer, who overcame a serious knee injury and then held off the first-round draft pick to keep the job. Manziel believes the focus should be on Hoyer. "Im the backup quarterback," Johnny Football said. "I shouldnt be in the spotlight." It always seems to find Manziel though, and that will likely remain the case even if hes on the sideline watching Hoyer. Manziel said he has no regrets about the way he approached his competition with Hoyer, which ended after the Browns coaching staff met Tuesday night to evaluate Clevelands two quarterbacks, both of whom have performed poorly. Manziel was criticized for some weekend partying, but the former Heisman Trophy winner insisted he wouldnt change a thing. Hes growing and maturing and hopes to one day lead an NFL team. This is all new to him. "Ill learn how a season goes," he said. "Now next time I come into training camp I wont be surprised by it. Next time I come into OTAs, I wont be surprised by it. But I wouldnt go back from the point after the draft to now and change a single thing. Im going to continue to live my life and the off-season is the off-season. Im going to travel places, Im going to go places, Im going to do things and thats going to have no effect. "Obviously I need to do it in the proper way, but Im still going to continue to have fun in my life and continue to live my life, and I dont think any of that really slowed me in this competition. I think more than anything, if you come out and play well, it makes the decision a lot easier." Pettine announced in a release before practice Wednesday that hell go with Hoyer, who made three starts in 2013 before tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee last season. Pettines decision ends weeks of competition and analysis, and the Browns are hoping it will allow Hoyer to relax and build some chemistry with Clevelands struggling offence before they meet the dreaded Steelers, their long-time rivals. The Browns play their first home preseason game on Saturday against St. Louis. Hoyer was informed by Pettine just moments before a team meeting. Hoyer said he didnt even have enough time to call his family. Its a dream come true for the six-year veteran, who grew up in Cleveland rooting for the Browns. "For me, its excitement," Hoyer said. "This is what I worked for for a whole year to get back to. Obviously, its good to move forward and move on with the decision being made and get back to work and get ready for St. Louis. Like I said all along, its been my mentality this whole off-season and training camp to come out here and act like the starter and be the starter and now that its official we can move on." Ray Nitschke Womens Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Jaire Alexander Packers Jersey . In the calls, Hernandez discussed the murder of Odin Lloyd, including his "belief about his criminal liability" and the "extent of his control over persons charged as accessories," according to the request filed Thursday in Fall River Superior Court. http://www.shoptheofficialpackers.com/Elite-Jace-Sternberger-Packers-Jersey/ . This week they discuss the Philadelphia 76ers, Gregg Popovich, Royal and Ancient Golf Club and Bill Belichick.TORONTO -- The Toronto Blue Jays have come close to falling out of first place in the American League East thanks to a recent slide. An excellent start from Drew Hutchison and the return of Jose Bautista helped provide a little breathing room in the divisional race while ending a three-game losing skid at the same time. Hutchison struck out a season-high 10 batters and Bautista belted one of two Toronto homers as the Blue Jays defeated the Milwaukee Brewers 4-1 in front of a sellout crowd on Canada Day at Rogers Centre. The Toronto right-hander was dominant early on, retiring the first 14 batters he faced. Three relievers combined on the four-hitter as the Blue Jays moved 1 1/2 games ahead of second-place Baltimore. "When hes on, hes on," Toronto manager John Gibbons said of his starter. "He can be really, really good." The Orioles were scheduled to play the Texas Rangers later Tuesday. Bautista, meanwhile, gave his team an early lead with a no-doubt blast off Marco Estrada (7-5) that hit the facing of the second deck. It was the first start for the Toronto slugger since he strained his left hamstring on June 22. Colby Rasmus hit a solo shot in the fifth inning for the Blue Jays (46-39), who added some late insurance with a two-run eighth inning. Hutchison improved to 6-6 with his sixth quality start of the season. "A dynamite fastball and a good breaking ball," Gibbons said. "He got lots of strikeouts. Theyre a very aggressive hitting team over there so he got a lot of strikeouts up in the zone. But his fastball had a little extra life." The Toronto skipper showed his faith in Hutchison by leaving him out there after loading the bases in the seventh. He got out of the jam when Jean Segura lined out to right field. "I want to be in there in those situations," Hutchison said. "I believe in myself to make a pitch to get out of that so to have that (confidence) from (Gibbons), it was nice to be able to have that and then get out of it." Aaron Loup, Dustin McGowan and Casey Janssen completed the four-hitter. Janssen worked the ninth inning for his 13th save. "We didnt get a lot of hits," said Brewers manager Ron Roenicke. "A lot of strikeouts, not a lot of hits." Bautista was the designated hitter and he returned to his No. 3 position in the lineup for his first start in nine days. He got the crowd of 45,088 into the game early by turning on a 3-2 pitch for his 16th homer of the year. "Hes a pretty good hitter," Gibbons said. "Were not quite the (same) team without him, thats for sure." Hutchison already had eight strikeouts before Khris Davis reached on an infield single in the fifth to become Baltimores first baserunner. Darnell Savage Jr. Jersey. . Davis hit a ground ball up the middle that Jose Reyes did well to retrieve. The shortstop was forced to make a hurried off-balance throw that pulled Edwin Encarnacion off the bag at first base. Rasmus made it a two-run game in the bottom of the frame. He turned on an 0-1 pitch for his 12th homer of the year. Milwaukee (51-34) halved the lead in the sixth inning. Leadoff man Scooter Gennett reached on a flare to left field and Ryan Braun drove him in with a double into the right-field corner. Estrada was pulled for southpaw sidearmer Zach Duke after giving up a walk to Encarnacion and a single to Dioner Navarro in the bottom of the seventh. Duke retired the next three Blue Jays in order to keep it a one-run game. Loup hit the lone batter he faced, putting pinch-hitter Rickie Weeks on to open the eighth. McGowan came on and got Braun to hit into a 4-6-3 double play. McGowan walked Jonathan Lucroy and then fanned Carlos Gomez with a 96 mile-per-hour heater. In the eighth, Melky Cabrera drove in a run with a triple and scored on an Encarnacion double. "We played (well) today on an important day for us to win a game -- it seems like its been a while," Gibbons said. "Its Canada Day in front of a nice crowd. You dont want to lay an egg on that day. So it was a good day for us." Hutchison allowed three hits, one earned run and walked a pair. He threw 66 of his 105 pitches for strikes. "He was our win," said Rasmus. "Everything revolves around the starting pitcher. He came in and did a good job, kept them off balance, kept the ball up in the zone and kept them swinging and missing. He did a great job." Estrada gave up six hits, two earned runs and a walk while striking out two. Notes: The game took two hours 56 minutes to play. ... Blue Jays wore their red and white jerseys for Canada Day. ... It was Torontos sixth sellout of the season. ... IndyCar driver James Hinchcliffe of Oakville, Ont., threw out the ceremonial first pitch. ... Hockey commentator Don Cherry received a nice ovation from the crowd when he was shown on the video scoreboard in the fourth inning. ... Elian Herrera replaced Davis in left field in the seventh inning. ... The teams will close out the mini-series with another matinee on Wednesday. Left-hander J.A. Happ (7-4, 4.29) is scheduled to start against Milwaukee right-hander Wily Peralta (9-5, 3.20). ... The Blue Jays will kick off a 10-game road trip with the opener of a four-game series against Oakland on Thursday. ... Toronto leads the major leagues with 110 home runs. ... The Blue Jays are now 13-23 in Canada Day games. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Wiskundeportaal Voor Leerkrachten // Wiskundeportaal voor leerkrachten Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: