Discussieruimte voor wiskundeleerkrachten
LONDON -- Samuel Etoo and Gary Cahill scored first half goal

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Wiskundeportaal Voor Leerkrachten // Wiskundeportaal voor leerkrachten
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 24-06-2019 04:08:44    Onderwerp: LONDON -- Samuel Etoo and Gary Cahill scored first half goal Reageren met citaat
LONDON -- Samuel Etoo and Gary Cahill scored first half goals as Chelsea turned in a dominant performance to beat Galatasaray 2-0 on Tuesday and reach the Champions League quarterfinals with a 3-1 victory on aggregate. Cheap Angels Jerseys Authentic . Galatasarays former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba made no impact on his return to Stamford Bridge, being reduced to a minor role like the rest of his teammates in the second leg match of the last 16. Playing his first game at Chelsea since his last kick for the Blues won a penalty shootout with Bayern Munich in the final two years ago, Drogba received a warm welcome from the home fans. But Etoo quickly stole the spotlight, opening the scoring from a tight angle in the fourth minute. Cahill doubled the lead from close range in the 42nd. In the nights other match, Cristiano Ronaldo scored twice as Real Madrid beat Schalke 3-1 at the Santiago Bernabeu to reach the quarterfinals with a 9-2 rout on aggregate. Drogba looked a shadow of his former self and did not have a single clear-cut chance. But both his manager Roberto Mancini and his former coach Jose Mourinho jumped to his defence. "It was not his fault, it was very difficult for him because we did not play tonight," Mancini said. Mourinho said his former protege was not helped by his teammates after they failed to produce attacking football. "We were very solid and very confident, we controlled the game," Mourinho said. "If youre a striker and your team doesnt attack, you feel a lonely man." All eyes were on Drogba as he entered the pitch to start his warm-up at a nearly empty stadium. The Ivory Coast forward did not change his usual routine, touching the grass and crossing himself before joining his teammates. After being lured from Marseille by Mourinho, Drogba scored 157 goals in 341 appearances for the London club between 2004-12 and was voted the greatest player in the clubs history. As teams entered the pitch before kickoff, Drogba pointed a finger towards the Chelsea kop where a banner reading "Drogba Legend" had been unfurled. He then ran to the touchline to give a handshake and a kiss to Mourinho. Though the spotlight was on Drogba, Etoo soon gave Chelsea a perfect start to the game. Eden Hazard linked up well with Oscar to release the ball for the Cameroon striker, who fired past goalkeeper Fernando Muslera. Wesley Sneijder struggled to build any attacks from midfield for the visitors, while Etoo created further danger from the right flank before his attempted cut-back was blocked by defenders. Drogba then tried his luck from the edge of the box but his acrobatic volley ended well over the bar in a moment that summed up his return to his former club. Toying with defenders with his usual frenzied pace and dribbles, Hazard produced another stellar performance for Chelsea. The Belgium playmaker was behind nearly all his sides attacks and his relentless efforts made it a tiring night for the Galatasaray defence. Hazard and Oscar exchanged a series of one-twos in the 22nd minute before the Belgium international crossed for Lampard, who missed his attempt and sent the ball over. Hazard took a shot from distance two minutes later but his effort was stopped by Muslera. Chelsea went closer in the 33rd minute when captain John Terrys superb left-footed volley from Lampards free kick flew over the bar with Muslera looking beaten. Another fast move between Hazard and Oscar almost paid off but Alex Telles return pass prevented Willian from doubling the lead. Chelseas tenacity was finally rewarded before the interval when Cahill scored from the rebound with a powerful finish after Muslera had parried away Terrys header from a corner. Hazard continued to torment Galatasarays defence in the second half. In the 49th, he went on a diagonal run across the pitch and evaded Semih Kaya before releasing the ball for Etoo -- but Oscars shot from the strikers cross was blocked by Melo. Though Galatasaray pushed forward in search of a goal, Chelsea comfortably kept the visitors at bay while being dangerous on the break until the final whistle. Drogba left the pitch to a standing ovation as Chelsea fans chanted his name. Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard was delighted with sides performance in west London. "It was everything we wanted it to be. We knew it was going to be a tough game and they hardly threatened," Lampard said. "It was a very controlled, very professional performance from all of us," said After Manchester City and Arsenal exited the competition last week, Manchester United will try to join Chelsea in the last eight when it hosts Olympiakos on Wednesday. However, David Moyes team needs to overhaul a 2-0 loss in the first leg to advance. Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Angels Jerseys .com) - John Wall supplied 24 points and 11 assists in leading the Washington Wizards to a 102-91 win over the New York Knicks on Christmas Day. http://www.cheapangelsjerseys.com/ . Reimer is winless (0-2-1) since returning from a six-week absence due to concussion-like symptoms. The Maple Leafs dropped a 4-2 decision to the hosting Washington Capitals on Friday. TORONTO -- Toronto Blue Jays slugger Jose Bautista will likely miss a few days with a mild hamstring strain but is not expected to go on the disabled list. The all-star right-fielder had an MRI exam done Monday after leaving Sundays game in Cincinnati. "Its definitely some of the best news I could have gotten," Bautista said. "I could have got the news of a torn hamstring or a higher-grade strain. But its the lowest grade strain that there could be -- grade one -- so its day by day." Bautista said theres a "really good chance" he wont have to go on the DL and added he might even be able to return during Torontos three-game series against the New York Yankees, which began Monday night at Rogers Centre. "Im not saying a start but a pinch-hit at-bat here or there, thats a possibility," he said. The Blue Jays have led the American League East standings for the last month but they won just three games on their recent 10-game road trip. Entering play Monday, Toronto had a 1 1/2-game lead on New York and the Baltimore Orioles. Toronto lost another key player over the weekend as infielder Brett Lawrie of Langley, B.C., will miss three to six weeks with a fractured right index finger. The Blue Jays placed him on the 15-day DL on Monday and recalled outfielders Anthony Gose and Kevin Pillar from triple-A Buffalo. "We need the two extra outfielders to cover while Jose is out," said Blue Jays manager John Gibbons. "When he comes back, I dont necessarily think we need two. But for the time being, we do." "Its an opportunity for somebody," Gibbons added. "Thats what it comes down to." Lawrie is batting .244 this season with 12 homers and 38 RBIs. The Blue Jays also optioned catcher Erik Kratz to the Bisons on Monday. Bautista is enjoying another strong season with a .305 average, 15 home runs and 49 RBIs in 77 games. His defensive play has been excellent and he leads all major-league players in fan voting for the July 15 all-star game in Minnesota. He suffered the injury while trying to leg out a single in the Blue Jays 4-3 loss to the Reds. "I was running down to first and I extended my leg to step on the bag and I justt felt a little sharp pain," Bautista said. Cheap Reggie Jackson Jersey. "The usual feeling when you strain a muscle. Ive been there before so I knew what was going on. I had a good idea at least. I just didnt know how bad it was. "I knew I could have made it worse by staying in the game so I came out." Gibbons was unable to provide a specific return date but was relieved it didnt appear to be a serious injury. "Hopefully just a couple days," he said. "Well see." The Blue Jays opened June with five straight wins but have gone 4-11 since, entering the series opener against the Yankees. The timing of the injuries and the recent slide have not helped ease concerns from a jittery fanbase that the teams rare first-place run could soon come to an end, especially with New York and Baltimore now so close in the standings. "I dont think it should be blown out of proportion," Bautista said. "I think we have capable guys that can fill in on a short-term basis and hopefully do a great job. "Certainly the other guys that are in the lineup that are still regulars, they are plenty good to carry the offence and the team on the field. So I wouldnt blow it out of proportion." At the end of his five-minute pre-game availability, Bautista was asked what hed say to the portion of the fanbase who believes the teams strong play last month was an aberration, and that the results from the last two weeks are more the expected norm. "Well good for them," he said. "I dont have to defend ourselves. If they want to root for the Yankees or the Red Sox, be my guest. They shouldnt be Jays fans if thats how they feel. Thats my opinion." Torontos lineup card for the opener of the three-game series against the Yankees had a different look. Designated hitter Adam Lind moved into Bautistas No. 3 slot, batting behind shortstop Jose Reyes and left-fielder Melky Cabrera. First baseman Edwin Encarnacion remained in the cleanup spot and centre-fielder Colby Rasmus batted fifth and catcher Dioner Navarro was in the No. 6 spot. Third baseman Juan Francisco batted seventh, ahead of second baseman Munenori Kawasaki and right-fielder Gose. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Wiskundeportaal Voor Leerkrachten // Wiskundeportaal voor leerkrachten Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: